Oven-roasted sea breams with cherry tomatoes and leeks
Afraid to roast a whole fish? Don't be! This recipe is absolutely failsafe and can be prepared with any kind of whole fish and vegetables.
- 2 whole sea breams, inside/guts cleaned.
- 15 cherry tomatoes, cut in halves.
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped.
- fresh herbs, such coriander & parsley. Dried herbs / italian seasoning / herbes de Provence works too
- 1 leek, green removed, chopped.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C.
- Run fish under cold water to clean it, then pat it dry with paper towels
- Chop leeks, cut cherry tomatoes in halves, slice the garic. Chop fresh herbs as well, mixing them all together
- Put some salt and pepper in the inside of the fish.Make a few cuts in the skin of the fish with a sharp knife and insert garlic. Stuff the inside of the sea bream with the chopped cilantro and parsley, add a couple of garlic slices too.
- Arrange sea breams in a baking sheet, cuts side up. Add the cherry tomatoes, leeks around them. Add more salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Add 2 tbsp of water.
- Cook for 20-22 minutes, until the eye of the sea breams turn white.If you like crispy skins, you can turn the grill mode of your oven on and roast a couples of minutes, until skin starts to brown and bubble.
This recipe can be adapted easily. It works with trouts as well, for example. Other vegetables can be used too, such as zucchini's, onions. Different herbs can be used as well, and lemon can give a nice twist too.