Easy Whole Wheat Bread with Seeds
Inspired by Mark Bittman's reciupe, a nice, hearthy loaf of bread made of whole wheat that doesn't require kneading. Topped with seeds, this bread will be perfect for sandwich and breakfasts.
- 360 g whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- seeds Any small seeds like sesame, sunflower, crackd rye kernels work
- 2 tsp fine salt
- ½ tsp instant yeast
- 375 mL water
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, salt and yeast. Combine really well.
- Pour the water and combine using a spatula. If the dough seems dry, add a bit more. It should be quite damp, like batter.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let dough rise in a warm place for 12 and up to 24 hours. The next day or after this time, you should see lines of bubbles on top of the dough.
- Grease a cake or loaf pan with oil, using a brush or paper towel. Pour the mixture, with a spatula, brush with a bit more oil and sprinkle with seeds.Cover with a clean kitchen towel and let rise for two extra hours,
- 30 minutes before the two hours are elapsed, turn on your oven at 350°F / 180°C. The dough should have rosen nicely.
- Cook for 45 minutes and up to 55 minutes depending on your oven and/or taste, A toothpick, inserted in the center, should come out clean. Let cool on a wire rack and once done, remove for pan.
- This bread will keep for a couple of days if wrapped nicely (let it breath though!),