The lesser-known version of brownies, actually without cocoa or chocolate, is surpringly equally enjoyable. This version, with whole brown sugar brings another dimension to the flavor.
- 150 g whole brown sugar regular, white sugar works too - US: 3/4 cup
- 150 g all-purpose flour US: 1 cup
- 113 g unsalted butter, room temperature US: 1 stick
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 350°F / 175°C and grease a brownie pan with butter.
- Cream butter and sugar together with an electric mixer or whisk. Make sure it becomes creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and make sure they are perfectly mixed together.
- Add salt and flour, folding thoroughly. Pour into the brownie pan and cook for 18-20 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack. Keep in an airtight container if there's any leftover but that mostl certainly unlikely! 😅