Almond Honey Granola
Skip the store-bought bags and make a big batch of homemade granola. You can pretty much switch any ingredients you have on hand as long as you respect ratio's. Add this to yogurt, salads or eat it just straight. Easy, earthy, healthy!
- 200 g Raw almonds, chopped Or a mix of nuts, whatever you have (walnuts, cashews, pumpkin seeds, ...)
- 400 g Old-fashioned rolled oats
- 80 g melted coconut oil or olive oil if you prefer or don't have coconut oil
- 120 g honey or maple syrup, to your liking!
- 100 g raisins or a mix of dried fruits, like figs, dates, apricot etc!
- ½ tsp cinnamon or more!
- ¼ tsp ground ginger (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt or sea salt this can be ommited but salt gives a nice touch to it!
- Preheat the oven to 350°C / 175°C.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, chopped nuts, salt, cinnamon and ginger.
- Add melted coconut oil (or olive oil), vanilla and honey (or maple syrup) to the mix and combine well.
- Spread the mixture in a large sheet pan, pushing into a nice uniform layer. Bake for around 18 to 24 minutes, stirring at the 10 minutes mark. If it browns quickly, 20 minutes could work too, especially if you use honey and not maple syrup. The best is just to keep an eye on it while it bakes so you don't burn it!
- Leave the granola to cool down completely, then add the dried fruit. As it cools down it will make nice chunks. Store in an airtight container, and/or freeze it. It will keep for days if stored properly.